What is Amiodarone?
Amiodarone Injection is used for Recurrent irregular heartbeat, Recurrent rapid heartbeat leading to hemodynamic instability and other conditions. Amiodarone Injection may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Amiodarone Injection contains Amiodarone as an active ingredient.
Amiodarone Injection works by antagonizing adrenoceptors and prolonging the refractory period of heart cells.
Detailed information related to Amiodarone Injection's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Amiodarone Injection Uses
Amiodarone Injection is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Recurrent irregular heartbeat
· Recurrent rapid heartbeat leading to hemodynamic instability
· Amiodarone Injection may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Amiodarone Injection Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Amiodarone Injection improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Antagonizing adrenoceptors and prolonging the refractory period of heart cells.
Amiodarone Injection - Composition and Active Ingredients
Amiodarone Injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Amiodarone - 50 MG
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Amiodarone Injection - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Amiodarone Injection. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Amiodarone Injection may also cause side-effects not listed here.
If you notice other side-effects not listed above, contact your doctor for medical advice. You may also report side-effects to your local food and drug administration authority.
Amiodarone Injection - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Amiodarone Injection, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Check the indication of this medication with your doctor
· Consult your doctor immediately if you develop changes in eyesight, breathing problems, or irregular/rapid heartbeat
· Corneal refractive laser surgery
· Optic Neuropathy
· This drug will linger in your body for weeks after you discontinue it; inform your doctor and pharmacist if you have taken it