The salt combination Atazanavir / Ritonavir is used for the treatment of Hiv Infections, Salvage Therapy In Patients With Drug Resistance, Hiv, Aids and other conditions.Detailed information related to Atazanavir / Ritonavir's uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Atazanavir / Ritonavir is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Hiv Infections
· Salvage Therapy In Patients With Drug Resistance
Atazanavir / Ritonavir improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Inhibiting maturation of virus in the cells.
· Preventing virus from multiplying inside the body.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur in medicines that contain Atazanavir / Ritonavir. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Accumulation Of Body Fat
· Cardiac Conduction Abnormalities
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid spreading of HIV virus to others
· Consult a doctor if you have haemophilia or pancreatitis
· Kidney problems
· Liver problems or liver disease including hepatitis B or C
· Monitor glucose, lipid and uric acid regularly