Carboplatin Injection is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Advanced Ovarian Cancer, Lung Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Uterus Cancer, Head And Neck Cancer, Cervical Or Testicular Cancer and other conditions.
Carboplatin Injection contains Carboplatin as an active ingredient.
Carboplatin Injection works by killing cancer cells by binding to the DNA and stopping their growth.
Detailed information related to Carboplatin Injection's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Carboplatin Injection is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Advanced Ovarian Cancer
· Lung Cancer
· Bladder Cancer
· Uterus Cancer
· Head And Neck Cancer
· Cervical Or Testicular Cancer
Carboplatin Injection improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Killing cancer cells by binding to the DNA and stopping their growth.
Carboplatin Injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Carboplatin (10 MG)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Carboplatin Injection. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Ringing Sound In Ear Or Lack Of Hearing
· Allergic Reactions
· Kidney Problems
· Tingling Feeling In Hands Or Feet
· Sore Lips
· Ulcers In The Mouth
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Consult your doctor if suffering from kidney disorder, hypocalcaemia, hypomagnesemia, hyperuricemia
· Do not father a child while on this therapy
· Do not use aluminium containing equipment for its delivery
· Frequent monitoring of blood cell counts and transfusions of the same may be required
· Maintain good hydration
· Monitor haematological, neurological status and renal functions