Chloramphenicol & Dexamethasone Eye Drops is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Eye Infections, Skin Inflammation, Allergy, Ulcerative Colitis, Breathing Problems, Lupus Vulgaris Or Lupus Erythematosus and other conditions.
Chloramphenicol & Dexamethasone Eye Drops contains Chloramphenicol and Dexamethasone as active ingredients.
Chloramphenicol & Dexamethasone Eye Drops works by preventing late phase Allergic reactions by preventing release of chemicals responsible for allergy; killing or slowing the growth of sensitive bacteria;
Detailed information related to Chloramphenicol & Dexamethasone Eye Drops's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Chloramphenicol & Dexamethasone Eye Drops is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Eye Infections
· Skin Inflammation
· Ulcerative Colitis
· Breathing Problems
· Lupus Vulgaris Or Lupus Erythematosus
· Life-Threatening Infection
· Haemophilus Influenza
· Typhoid Fever
· Bacterial Infections Of The Outer Ear
Chloramphenicol & Dexamethasone Eye Drops improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Preventing late phase Allergic reactions by preventing release of chemicals responsible for allergy.
· Killing or slowing the growth of sensitive bacteria.
Chloramphenicol & Dexamethasone Eye Drops is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Dexamethasone (0.1% W/V)
· Chloramphenicol (1% W/V)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Chloramphenicol & Dexamethasone Eye Drops. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Labile Mood
· Suicidal Thoughts
· Menstrual Irregularity
· Swelling Due To Fluid Retention
· Potassium Loss
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid repeated courses
· Avoid situations in which bruising or injury may occur
· Check blood sugar levels closely
· Consult your doctor if you are concomitantly using anticoagulants, convulsants, sulphonylurea
· Consult your doctor in case you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation or dietary supplement, allergies to medicines or foods, have anemia, bone marrow problems, liver disease, kidney problem
· Do not stop using dexamethasone suddenly