Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Injection is used for Acute renal failure, Anaemia, Prematurity, Human immunodeficiency virus infection, Oncological disorders, Haematological disorders and other conditions. Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Injection may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Injection works by possessing the immunomodulatory activity; attaching to the erythropoietin receptor hence stimulates the signal transduction pathways; increasing the blood volume; possessing the sodium chloride content; possessing the laxative action; promoting defecation by retaining water through osmotic forces; stimulating release of cholecystokinin; increasing movement of fluids from interstitial and intravascular space;
Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Injection is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Acute renal failure
· Human immunodeficiency virus infection
· Oncological disorders
· Haematological disorders
· Low sodium levels
· Low potassium levels
· Low magnesium levels
· Low calcium levels
· Blood and fluid loss
· Water disinfectant
· Low level of protein in the blood
· Blood volume decrease
· Burns exchange transfusion in neonatal jaundice
· Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Injection may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Injection improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Possessing the immunomodulatory activity; attaching to the erythropoietin receptor hence stimulates the signal transduction pathways.
· Increasing the blood volume; possessing the sodium chloride content.
· Possessing the laxative action.
· Promoting defecation by retaining water through osmotic forces; stimulating release of cholecystokinin.
· Increasing movement of fluids from interstitial and intravascular space.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Injection. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Flu-like illness
· Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Injection may also cause side-effects not listed here.
Before using Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Injection, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Consult a doctor if you have congestive heart failure, hypertension or renal disease
· Excessive administration
· Geriatric patients
· Inform your doctor if you are allergic to human albumin
· Intravenous infusion during or immediately after surgery