What is Ezetimibe?
Ezetimibe Tablet is a medicine that is used for the treatment of High Cholesterol Level and other conditions.
Ezetimibe Tablet contains Ezetimibe as an active ingredient.
Ezetimibe Tablet works by inhibiting the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine.
Detailed information related to Ezetimibe Tablet's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Ezetimibe Tablet Uses
Ezetimibe Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· High Cholesterol Level
Ezetimibe Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Ezetimibe Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Inhibiting the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine.
Ezetimibe Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Ezetimibe Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Ezetimibe Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Ezetimibe Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Muscle Aches
· Elevated Creatinine Kinase
· Abdominal Bloating
· Pain In Arms Or Legs
Ezetimibe Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Be careful if you have impairment of fertility
· Consult a doctor before taking medications such as cyclosporine, warfarin, phenprocoumon, acenocoumarol, cholestyramine, or fibrates
· Consult a doctor if you have hepatic insufficiency, carcinogenesis or liver disease
· Do not drive or operate machinery or engage in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination
· Take your doctor's advice if you have allergic reactions