What is Human Albumin?
Human Albumin Solution is used for Hypoproteinemia, Prevention of central volume depletion after paracentesis due to cirrhotic ascites (treatment adjunct), Adult respiratory distress syndrome (treatment adjunct), Hypovolemia, Hypoalbuminemia, Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, Acute nephrosis (treatment adjunct), Hemolytic disease of the newborn and other conditions. Human Albumin Solution may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Human Albumin Solution Uses
Human Albumin Solution is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Prevention of central volume depletion after paracentesis due to cirrhotic ascites (treatment adjunct)
· Adult respiratory distress syndrome (treatment adjunct)
· Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
· Acute nephrosis (treatment adjunct)
· Hemolytic disease of the newborn
· Human Albumin Solution may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Human Albumin Solution Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Human Albumin Solution improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Regulating the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood.
Human Albumin Solution - Composition and Active Ingredients
Human Albumin Solution is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Albumin - 20%
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Human Albumin Solution - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Human Albumin Solution. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Anaphylactic shock
· Circulatory failure
· Cardiac failure
· Pulmonary edema
· Urinary tract infection
· Abdominal discomfort
· Human Albumin Solution may also cause side-effects not listed here.
If you notice other side-effects not listed above, contact your doctor for medical advice. You may also report side-effects to your local food and drug administration authority.
Human Albumin Solution - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Human Albumin Solution, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Coagulation Abnormalities
· Discontinue immediately if experiencing allergic reactions
· Electrolyte Imbalance
· It may contain infectious agents since it is a derivative of human plasma