What is Ketoconazole?
Ketoconazole Cream is used for Yeast infections of skin, Fungal infection, Fungal infections, Yeast infection of the skin and other conditions. Ketoconazole Cream may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Ketoconazole Cream contains Ketoconazole as an active ingredient.
Ketoconazole Cream works by preventing yeasts and fungi from reproducing.
Ketoconazole Cream Uses
Ketoconazole Cream is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Yeast infections of skin
· Fungal infection
· Fungal infections
· Yeast infection of the skin
Ketoconazole Cream - Composition and Active Ingredients
Ketoconazole Cream is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Ketoconazole Cream - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Ketoconazole Cream. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Itching of skin
· Menstrual disorders
· Decreased platelets
· Inability to achieve erection
· Blockade of synthesis of hormones from adrenal glands
· Skin burning sensation
Ketoconazole Cream Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Ketoconazole Cream improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Preventing yeasts and fungi from reproducing.
Ketoconazole Cream - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Ketoconazole Cream, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Have or history of hepatic impairment, predisposition to adrenocortical insufficiency
· Limit alcohol consumption
· Take antacid 1 hour before or 2 hours after this drug
· do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
· wash your hands before and after applying Ketoconazole Cream. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
· do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Ketoconazole Cream. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
· applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
· avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.