What is Ketoconazole ?
Ketoconazole Soap is used for Fungal infections, Fungal infection, Yeast infection of the skin, Yeast infections of skin, Fungus infections and other conditions. Ketoconazole Soap may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Ketoconazole Soap contains Ketoconazoleconazole Topical as an active ingredient.
Ketoconazole Soap works by interfering and weakening with the formation of the fungal cell membrane.
Ketoconazole Soap Uses
Ketoconazole Soap is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Fungal infections
· Fungal infection
· Yeast infection of the skin
· Yeast infections of skin
· Fungus infections
Ketoconazole Soap - Composition and Active Ingredients
Ketoconazole Soap is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Ketoconazoleconazole Topical - 2%
Ketoconazole Soap - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Ketoconazole Soap. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Itching of skin
· Hair loss
· Sticky skin
· Redness of skin
· Inability to achieve erection
· Decreased platelets
· Blockade of synthesis of hormones from adrenal glands
Ketoconazole Soap Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Ketoconazole Soap improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Interfering and weakening with the formation of the fungal cell membrane.
Ketoconazole Soap - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Ketoconazole Soap, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Have or history of hepatic impairment, predisposition to adrenocortical insufficiency
· Limit alcohol consumption
· Take antacid 1 hour before or 2 hours after this drug
· do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
· wash your hands before and after applying Ketoconazole Soap. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
· do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Ketoconazole Soap. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
· applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
· avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Gamma Benzene Hexachloride & Cetrimide Lotion
Miconazole Nitrate & Fluocinolone Acetonide Cream
Betamethasone Valerate & Salicylic Acid Creams
Fluocinolone Acetonide Cream
Clindamycin & Adapalene Gel
Fusidic Acid Cream
Mometasone Furoate Cream
Benzoyl Peroxide Gel
Isotretinoin SoftGel Capsules
Betamethasone Valerate Creams
Zinc Oxide Cream
Clotrimazole Beclomethasone & Neomycin Cream
Hydroquinone Tretinoin & Mometasone Furoate Cream
Clindamycin Phosphate Gel
White Soft Paraffin & Liquid Paraffin Cream
Clobetasol Propionate Cream
Fluticasone Propionate Cream
Clobetasol Gentamicin & Miconazole Cream
Povidone Iodine Cream
Monosulfiram Medicated Soap
Beclomethasone Gentamicin & Clotrimazole Cream
Fusidic Acid & Betamethasone Cream
Povidone Iodine & Ornidazole Cream
Betamethasone Valerate & Neomycin Cream
Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid Lotion
Salicylic Acid Ointment
Clobetasol Neomycin Niconazole & Chlorhexidine Cream
Beclomethasone Neomycin & Miconazole Cream
Clobetasol Propionate & Gentamicin Cream
Acyclovir Eye Ointment
Hydrocortisone Acetate Cream
Clindamycin Phosphate & Nicotinamide Gel
Hydrocortisone Acetate & Neomycin Sulfate Cream
Neomycin Sulfate & Fluocinolone Acetonide Cream
Beclomethasone Dipropionate & Clotrimazole Lotion
Ofloxacin Ornidazole Terbinafine & Clobetasol Cream
Benzoic Acid and Salicylic Acid Ointment