What is Naloxone?
Naloxone Injection is used for Morphine antidote, Alcohol intoxication, Drug overdose, Reverse respiratory depression, Neonatal asphyxia, Elevates blood pressure and other conditions. Naloxone Injection may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Naloxone Injection contains Naloxone as an active ingredient.
Naloxone Injection works by blocking the opioid receptors and prevents or reverses the effects of opioids.
Naloxone Injection Uses
Naloxone Injection is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Morphine antidote
· Alcohol intoxication
· Drug overdose
· Reverse respiratory depression
· Neonatal asphyxia
· Elevates blood pressure
Naloxone Injection - Composition and Active Ingredients
Naloxone Injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Naloxone Injection - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Naloxone Injection. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Fast heartbeat
· Extreme awareness of pain after a surgery
· Increased or decrease in blood pressure
· Extreme hypertension after large therapeutic dose of opioids in addicts
· Ventricular irregular rapid heart rate
· Rapid irregular contractions of the muscle fibers
Naloxone Injection Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Naloxone Injection improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Blocking the opioid receptors and prevents or reverses the effects of opioids.
Naloxone Injection - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Naloxone Injection, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Consult doctor if suffering from heart problems
· Do not act against respiratory depression
· Do not drink alcohol if taking the drug
· Do not use if pregnant or planning to be pregnant