What is Nifedipine and Atenolol?
The salt combination Nifedipine and Atenolol is used for the treatment of High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain, Hypertension, Migraine, Uterine Relaxant, Arrhythmias and other conditions.Detailed information related to Nifedipine and Atenolol's uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Nifedipine and Atenolol Uses
Nifedipine and Atenolol is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· High Blood Pressure
· Chest Pain
· Uterine Relaxant
· Myocardial Infarction
Nifedipine and Atenolol Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Nifedipine and Atenolol improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Widening the blood vessels to allow easy blood flow, which lowers the blood pressure and reduces chest pain.
· Blocking receptors resulting in slowing of heart rate and reducing oxygen demand.
Nifedipine and Atenolol - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur in medicines that contain Nifedipine and Atenolol. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Swelling Of Ankles And Legs
· Blurring Of Vision
Nifedipine and Atenolol - Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid sudden position changes
· Cessation should be done gradually over 7-14 days along with patient monitoring
· Consult your doctor if any side effect occurs
· Do not consume medicine within 3 days of taking grapefruit or grapefruit juice
· Do not drive or operate heavy machinery
· Do not drive or operate machine as the drug can cause dizziness and drowsiness