What is Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin?
The salt combination Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin is used for the treatment of Gastrointestinal Infection, Urinary Tract Infections, Respiratory Infections, Skin Infections, Soft Tissue Infections, Sexually Transmitted Infections and other conditions.Detailed information related to Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin's uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin Uses
Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Gastrointestinal Infection
· Urinary Tract Infections
· Respiratory Infections
· Skin Infections
· Soft Tissue Infections
· Sexually Transmitted Infections
· Eye And Ear Infection
Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Interfering with the substances that are required by parasites.
· Killing the infection causing bacteria.
Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur in medicines that contain Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Stomach Ache
· Abdominal Pain
Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin - Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid consuming milk and dairy products
· Consult the doctor in case of pregnancy or breastfeeding
· Consult your doctor before taking medicine if you are planning to become pregnant
· Do not consume if you have any disease condition like epilepsy or kidney problems
· Do not consume ofloxacin if allergic to it
· Do not drive or operate heavy machinery