Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Pneumonia, Intra-Abdominal Infections, Urinary Tract, Kidney Infections, Skin Or Soft Tissue Infections, Burns Or Ulcers Due To Diabetes and other conditions.
Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection contains Piperacillin, and Tazobactam as active ingredients.
Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection works by blocking the bacteria's cell wall growth which kills the bacteria; inhibiting the growth of bacteria;
Detailed information related to Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Intra-Abdominal Infections
· Urinary Tract
· Kidney Infections
· Skin Or Soft Tissue Infections
· Burns Or Ulcers Due To Diabetes
· Bacterial Infections
Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Blocking the bacteria's cell wall growth which kills the bacteria.
· Inhibiting the growth of bacteria.
Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Piperacillin (4 GM)
· Tazobactam (0.5 GM)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Piperacillin Tazobactam Injection. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Inflammation Of Mouth And Lips
· Severe Allergic Reactions
· Itching Of Skin
· Feeling Of Sickness
· Abnormal Blood Counts
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid activities that cause bruising
· Consult a doctor if you are have to provide to undergo blood or urine test
· Consult a doctor if you have renal impairment or heart failure or bleeding manifestations
· Consult a doctor in case of known allergy to penicillin, tazobactam or other beta-lactam antibiotics
· Do not drive or operate machinery
· Elderly or Infants