What is Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide?
The salt combination Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide is used for the treatment of High Blood Pressure, Heart Failure, Blood Pressure, Fluid Retention, Liver Failure, Kidney Failure and other conditions.Detailed information related to Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide's uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide Uses
Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· High Blood Pressure
· Heart Failure
· Blood Pressure
· Fluid Retention
· Liver Failure
· Kidney Failure
· Kidney Disorder
Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
· Relaxing the blood vessels which make it easier for the heart to pump blood.
· Eliminating the fluid and salts from the body.
Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur in medicines that contain Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Decrease In Blood Pressure
· Insufficient Blood Supply To The Muscles Of The Heart
· Inflammation Of Air Passages
Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide - Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid taking hydrochlorothiazide at bedtime because it makes you urinate more often
· Consult your doctor if you experience dryness of mouth, thirst, weakness, lethargy, drowsiness, restlessness, confusion, muscle pains or cramps
· Do not chew, divide or crush the tablets
· Do not take this medication if you are allergic to it
· Drink adequate amount of liquid to avoid becoming dehydrated or overheated
· Swallow whole tablet with water