A feeding tube, also known as a gavage tube, is used to give nutrition to infants who cannot eat on their own. The feeding tube is normally used in a hospital, but it can also be used in a home to feed infants. The tube can also be used to give medication to an infant. The feeding tube can be inserted and then removed for each feeding. Alternately it can be an indwelling feeding tube, which means it remains in the infant for multiple feedings. The feeding tube can be used to administer both breast milk and formula.
• Used for neonates and Paediatric feeding
• Smooth coned distal end for atraumatic intubation, with two lateral eyes for efficient drainage
• Markings at 20cm and radio opaque line for accurate placement and X-ray visualization
• Proximal end with luer mount for connection with feeding device
• Marking from the tip 5 cm to 40 cm